AWS stands for Amazon Web Services. It is a computing service that provides a comprehensive and broad platform for cloud infrastructure and services over the internet. It was launched in 2006 with a most simple queuing service regarding application developers. AWS provides various cloud services such as compute, storage, and databases, as well as emerging technologies such as artificial intelligence and machine learning, data analytics and lakes. All the facilities make it easier, simpler, flexible, and cost-effective to work with. It comes with unlimited bandwidth and storage resources. The subscription model for pricing in AWS is pay-for-what-you-use or pay as you go. Popular AWS services include:
- Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2)
- Amazon CloudFront
- Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (Amazon VPC)
- Amazon SimpleDB
- Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3)
- Amazon Simple Notification Service (Amazon SNS)
- Amazon Simple Queue Service (Amazon SQS)
- Amazon Relational Database Service (Amazon RDS)
AWS developer certification is one of the credentials you can achieve to start your career in AWS. For the AWS developer associate certification, there are three major points that must be taken under consideration. It involves a good selection of the course, having a lot of hands-on labs, and lastly follow the practice question and answer.
There are a variety of courses available over the internet for the preparation of the AWS developer associate certification exam and online courses are the best resources for the exam preparation. The basic key point is to select an appropriate course among a number of courses that not only state the conceptual knowledge but also provide practical stuff and exposure to real-world problems that can be easily correlated.
Some of the AWS developer associate certification exam courses online available are mentioned as follows :
- AWS Developer Associate Certification Training: This course by Simplilearn is one of the best courses to clear the AWS developer associate exam. It offers over 45 assisted practices, 3 simulation exams, 3 hands-on course-end projects, apart from the theoretical classes. In this course, each and every aspect is taken under consideration to pass this cloud certification. This course is very preferred among most courses available online as it is worth both money and time.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) Certified 2022 – 4 Certifications: This is one more very high-quality course available online for the preparation of the AWS developer associate exam. It is designed by one of the leading organizations providing cloud training named Backspace Academy. They offer an in-depth study of all the concepts and clear the foundation for cloud computing. Paul Coady of Backspace Academy created the blueprint of this course. This is a suitable course for a complete beginner on AWS and also very beneficial and valuable in clearing desired certification exams.
Hard copies or Books
Apart from the courses available online, you can select the books to get the detailed and conceptual structure for a better understanding of the AWS developer associate exam. The books are the comprehensive collection of every content describing the foundation of certification. These books must be taken under consideration as supplements to the online resources. Following are the books :
- AWS Certified Developer official study guide: This book can be referred by the aspirants who are preparing for the AWS certification exam as it covers each section, providing in-depth concepts relatively.
- AWS: The good parts
Books are good to refer to but it is slightly difficult to update the contents regarding topics and syllabus of it every 6 months as the update is carried out before every AWS certification exam. Therefore the above two books mentioned can be referred to as a help to learn AWS services that are included in the exam. The authors of the above books are very familiar and know different aspects covering the preparation for the certification.
Now let’s talk about the third section or very most important one that is a mock test. This is another piece of the puzzle that you have to clear after adequate preparations for the AWS certification exam. The mock tests let you know the level of your preparations for the certification. These are referred to examine your weaknesses and strengths, to work on them before you appear for the real exam. When each and every time you score 80-85% in the mock test you appear, then you are set for the real exam. Here are some of the AWS developer associate tests mentioned where you can test your preparation:
- Whispers (834 questions)
- Udemy AWS practice tests
- Jon Bonson’s AWS Developer Associate Practice tests (260 questions)
- David Mayer’s AWS Developer Associate Practice Question (987 questions)
- Stephane Maarek’s AWS Developer Mock tests (293 questions)
In the field of AWS solace practice is of utmost importance for the aspirants to work as an AWS certified developer for AWS cloud. The aspirants of the AWS certification exam should follow some practice tests and practice labs and open an AWS free tier account. When you perform the practical things and are mesmerized by what you do, you gain practical knowledge about the services such as S3, EC2, DynamoDB, IAM, and others. You can link to the free AWS account on the AWS portal.
Besides proper preparation for the AWS certification by referring above-mentioned ways, if you are willing to have 900+ scores here you are suggested to refer to different technical papers and case studies published by AWS in regular intervals of time. By doing so, you will have practical and updated content anywhere over the internet. For the most in-depth informational approach you can read AWS documentation, which makes you eligible for the recent updates and techniques about the AWS cloud computations.
In other alternatives, you can make an account and sign up for the weekly update on AWS weekly on ACloudGuru that is a great way to be updated about the new AWS changes.